BUNDELKHAND UNIVERSITY, JHANSI UTTER PRADESH
|Regular B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., Examination|
under Semester System (w.e.f. Academic Session 2019-20)
1. Duration : The duration of the course for the degree of B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., M.A., M.Sc., shall be of two academic years divided into four semesters. After the expiry of this period the student would be treated as an Ex-student for the purpose of the completion of the degree for a stipulated period only as specified separately.
2. Maximum Period: A candidate shall have to complete the Two year PG degree within a period of maximum three years from the date of enrollment for the degree.
3. College Courses/Papers : In all the regular U.G. courses i.e., B.A., B.Sc.,B.Com, Each year there will be theory and practical paper on the basis of classes. P.G. courses i.e., M.A., Yearly and M.Sc., there will be four theory papers and one practical examination in each semester. Each theory paper and practical examination will be of maximum 100 marks. A weightage of 50 marks will be given to internal assessment and 50 marks to the external examination in each theory paper. The practical examination in each semester of 100 marks shall be conducted by a board of examiners consisting of one internal examiner and one external examiner.
4. A candidate shall be declared successful in the examination if he/she secures atleast 33% marks separately in the internal assessment and external examination of each paper, and obtains atleast 40% marks in aggregate of all the courses of a semester and of the degree (Four Semesters).
5. In case a candidate fails to obtain a minimum of 33% marks in internal examination in any paper he/she shall be declared as fail in the internal examination of that course and as such shall not be eligible to appear in the external examination of that paper.
6. The external theory examination in each course will be held at the end of the each yearly during the period and pattern prescribed by the university.
(a) A student failing in half or less number of courses prescribed for a yearly, shall be allowed to reappear in these courses in the the case may be in the next year/session.
(b) A student failing in more than half the number of courses prescribed for a yearly shall be declared as having failed in that yearly and shall have to reappear in all the courses of that yearly as an ex-student in that yearly.
8. If a candidate fails to obtain a minimum of 33% marks in the external examination in any paper he/she shall be eligible to re-appear in the external examination of that paper as an ex-student. However, no re-appear facility would be allowed in the internal assessment in any paper if a candidate has secured 33% or more marks in that paper.
9. A student of UG will be assigned division on the following basis after he/she has successfully completed all the courses/papers prescribed for the degree in a subject:
First Division: 60% and above
Second Division: 45% and above but less than 60%
Third Division: 33% and above but less than 45%
10. The schedule for the external theory examination shall be prepared by the Registrar and all the arrangements in this connection would be made by him.
Note:- For More Information : www.bujhansi.ac.in